Koh Phangan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
December 11th 2009
Published: January 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hello everyone, we're back! I'll update you on koh phangan. This was our favourite place!!

We got the boat from koh samui to koh phangan midday, the morning boat was cancelled and there was a reason for this! the weather was really bad and sea was very rough, you know its bad when we can see the rough sea from the shore! The 45minute boat ride was a nightmare. i was sure we were gona end up at the bottom of the sea. The only thing that slightly comforted me was that i had been scubadiving and I saw the bottom of the sea so I knew what was down there! The crew gave out sick bags and I made good use of them! It was the worse boat ride of my life, even ste will agree it was bad! i drank the rescue remidy and listened to my ipod, this is usually a very effective method of distracting me and i normally fall asleep, but that didnt even work!! So eventually we made it, it was a blur getting off the boat and arriving at the hotel. But eventually when I woke up I was amazed at the place!
Before I went to koh phangan I heard that it was home of the full moon parties (The Full Moon Party is an all-night beach party that takes place in Haad Rin on the island of Ko Phangan, on the night of every full moon). So i was expecting party central at night and dirty and quite during the day. But thankfully i was wrong! We end up staying 5nights on this island, our hotel was called bayshore resort. We got a deluxe room and it was huge, it was also just on the beach! while sitting at the pool the waves were right behind you, it was like a dream! This was also the beach that hosted the full moon party, so at night we were only a few steps away from the pubs and fire dancers. We didnt experience a full moon party while we were there, but we made up for it!! Me and ste went to a foam party on the beach, this was a great night. The pubs have a great atmosphere and good music, which we hadn't heard in a while! We met with Linda and Eric from Sweden again for another night and decided to go to the half moon party, this was an experience. We had a few drinks before we went, thank god, there was people everywere moving to trance and dance music, not really my scene, but its all about the expereience!

The mo-peds were 3euro a day to rent so as you can imagine there was backpackers on mo-peds everywere, and families or 3 and 4. I saw a girl she must of been only 10, she could bearly reach the seat, she was driving home from school with her two little friends on the back of a mo-ped, shocking!! The roads were like a rollercoaster, they were so hilly and steep, I thought there is no way im clinging to the back of a bike going up and down the roads, so we agreed on renting a quad bike! this was a great idea, we set off for the day and visited different beachs and had lunch in little local towns, were the pad thai was the real thing (this is like stew to the irish). Ste spotted a hand made sign which said "golf" and an arrow, so we followed for a while untill it got dark and we decided we better turn back. But ste hadnt hit a ball in almost four weeks so next morning we set off again to find that golf course. We found it eventually, the dirt track that led to it was the sign that the golf course no longer exsisted, this was confirmed when we arrived at a big over grown field that a man was pulling a buffalow accross. Now that ste saw for himself that there was no golf, we continued to visit different beachs! The roads are so hilly our quad bike struggled to get to the top of the hill, i would of loved to record us. people were over taken us beepin, all i could do was laugh! We had a plan, if the quad bike actually stopped and refused to reach the top of the hill, ste would would jog along side as I drove it to the top, thank god it didnt come to that, just about!!!!!

So when we wern't drinking, dancing and struggling up mountain sides on the quad bike, we relaxed by the pool. There was a lovely sea breeze and the sound of the crashing waves behind me, was magical and why we stayed 3days longer than we intended to! there was a little town, we could stroll through and get food before we headed to the beach for a few drinks. This was definitly my favourite place, I shocked myself on this one!




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0241s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb