Full Moon Party Time, Ko Phangan - Thailand!!!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
October 10th 2008
Published: December 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The culture touring over (that bit was for you rents!!).....and its onto P A R T Y time!! Woop Woop!!

After a quick stop over in Bangkok for the night, aka staying in CRAZY china town! (hey they got cheap handbags at least!!! hehe, and yes we did have to purchase!! what do you mean it's not real!!! 😉 .)
We started the journey to Thailand.................................

Courtesy of our shitty tour company, and lots of complaining by trusty Carol (thanks mum), we managed to get sta to pay for the luxury of flying to Ko Samui from Bangkok and then jumping on the ferry to Ko Phangan, where the party is at!!!
Ipod in, sun shining and the island in view, we knew we were about to have the time of our lives!!

And that we did!
What can we say........we had a mental, mental, mental 5 days here!
Absolutely loved it!! 😊
During the day its soooo chilled out! You relax by the pool, which is incidently just a forward roll from our luxury hut, or a hop,skip and a jump and wham bang thank you mam - its beach time!!!
The sun sets, the buckets arrive and its party time - Thailand style!!!

The famous Full Moon Party takes place here in Ko Phangan - what is only supposed to be one night of utter mayham, turns into 4 days on the piss!! excellent!
Our first night here, we innocently head down to Haad Rin (where the night life mainly takes place) to look around, when we meet these 2 hilarious liverpool lassies Danielle and Lisa! (mwaah)
What a night we had - what was supposed to be a quiet few drinks turned into copious amounts of thai buckets (aka a bucket (ie. bucket and spade style), bottle of voddy/whiskey and a mixer), dancing on bar tables, dressing up in all sorts and having the most hilarious night!!
The first of many........
The next day our friend Kat, who we met in Vietnam, joined us on the island! Woohoo!!
So, being the kind souls that we are, we thought we would show Kat the night life......yet again utter carnage!! Meeting up with our new buddies Danielle and Lisa we get right back down to the Drop in bar, load up with the buckets and see which one of us is brave enough to jump the skipping rope on FIRE!! (hah yeh needless to say, non of us managed that!!)
We did have a "knock out" game of "boxing" on a pole though!
Kat, bless couldnt stay on the pole long enough to hit her opponent!! haha! Good times!!!

The next night was the FMP!!! Bring it on.......
Now its tradition to cover yourself in neon body paint, and that we did!!
Sporting all sorts of tack you could find down Brighton beach, covered in body paint, whiskey bucket in hand, stupid sunglasses on face, ridic hat on head and we were good to go!!
What a night................
The beach was packed with travellers all up for a good time! We even bumped into the bus boys staggering along the buckets bars, the world really is that small!
We drank and danced all night until we fell over (literally, hah sorrry mums!!), a night we will never forget!
Truely AMAZING fun!!

The next 2 days we spent recovering before setting off on our next island adveture, Ko Tao along with our new travel companion Kat!! 😊

Next stop.....diving time! eeek!

Lessons learned:
*if you jump through a skipping rope, you WILL catch on fire (poor idiots!!)
*buckets are not just for sandcastles
*neon body paint actually doesnt come off!!!
*lady boys steal!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr










Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb