Koh Muk


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Muk
September 9th 2012
Published: February 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Early start leaving the Perhentians on the speed boat which was a lot smoother than the one we caught over which threw us all over the place! Hopped in a taxi to the border with an English lass then walked back across into Thailand. Bit of a mission to get back up through Thailand. A lovely hot and sticky train to Hat Yai then a mini bus to Trang where we finally got see our Surf again!

After a night in Trang (nothing to write home about) we got on another boat across to Ko Muk.

We arrived at the GH recommended in the Lonely Planet which was closed. Come to think of it everything was pretty much closed. There was the three of us alone on the beach. Peace and Quiet. The islands was gorgeous, no mains roads. The taxis consisted of mopeds with side cars welded on which struggled to navigate the dirt track roads. At one point on our taxi ride we were pretty much vertical with the moped underneath us and 3 of us riding high above it in the side car.

We were planning to leave the next day as it was so quiet, no where to eat etc. However... we went to the Hill Top restaurant for dinner and met a Danish family, and an Italian couple joined us and we ended up boozing and playing matchstick games, having a laugh. We arranged to meet the Italians the next day to go to the 'Emerald Cave.'

The next day was rainy and we couldn't go to the cave in the morning so we ended up playing volleyball on the beach and swimming. We did eventually manage to get to the cave in the afternoon. We got 'taxis' to the pier and Mr Young (the boatman) agreed to take us. It was a scary boat ride on huge waves but with amazing views. When we got to the cave we had to jump off and swim. The waves didnt get any smaller so it was pretty scary making our way into a pitch black cave but it wasn't too long before we were out again in an amazing lagoon surrounded by jungle.

After venturing back out to the boat we decided to be dropped back at our beach despite it having to jetty. We therefore had to jump off again and swim to shore which was good fun. The Boatman chose this opertune moment to negotiate travel the next day back to Trang. We were hardly in the position to barter!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 52; dbt: 0.061s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb