Perhantian Islands


Advertisement
Malaysia's flag
Asia » Malaysia » Terengganu » Perhentian Kecil
August 31st 2012
Published: August 31st 2012
Edit Blog Post

Diary Entry:

10th August

= One long day of travelling in one boat (2hrs,) a public bus (1.5hrs,) a stupidly hot bus (6hrs,) followed by a minibus journey (4hrs) that went through about 20 Army barracades in Thailands Muslim conflict area.

11th August

= Finally in Malaysia on route to the Perhentians. Just need to find an ATM that will give us some Malaysian Ringer.

Arrived in the Perehantians 12pm and its....

PARA, PARA, PARADISE!!!!

Stepped off the boat to stand on a jetty above a huge shoal of fish with loads of the fish we saw diving swimming about in 2m of crystal clear water. The backdrop is a white sandy beach surrounded by jungle covered mountains.

After a few hours on the island it was true to say the place really was paradise. After booking a dive for the next morning we took to snorkelling just off the beach and saw the most amazing Coral Reef with thousands of fish, some of them were huge and we saw a TURTLE! Amazing day 😊

Dinner= BBQ Lobster and Barracuda!

12th August - Day two is Paradise.

Woke up to a stormy island 😞 Dive was delayed till 3pm however by 11am the sun was beaming down on us and we were paddling in the water worrying only about treading on the sea slugs. A giant Lizard (Eddie) lives under our bungalow - he's cool just likes chilling in the shade.

The dive was good, not as good as the snorkelling but still impressive. We are planning on doing both tomorrow. We walked over the island to Long Beach on our return and whilst its beautiful we didnt think much to it. It didnt have the same chilled out vibe as Coral Bay.

The evening was spent in a cool little restaurant on the beach that projects films everynight onto a screen outside. We ended up here everynight after eating just lounging in the deckchairs shattered but happy.

13th August - Day 3 in Paradise

The Wreck dive was amazing. We saw Lion fish which are now Jord's fav (other than the sharks) but mainly it was just different swimming around the huge ship. Our instructors (Angel Divers) pipe burst so one of our team had to sacrifice her own gear so we could go down which was really lovely of her.

The afternoon we spent snorkelling again and saw a Black Tipped Reef Shark and Blue Spotted Stingrays and a huge creepy silver fish. AMAZING!

14th August - Last Day in Paradise

We spent the whole day in the sea. Jordan got sized up by 2 sharks that circled him about 1m away. Needless to say he reacted like a kid at christmas - very excited haha!

All this swimming is knackering and we had a fairly early night ready to get back to Thailand and meet Surf again the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.101s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0607s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb