S is for Southern Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
March 29th 2017
Published: March 29th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Southern Thailand (Krabi, Koh Lanta, Koh Rok, Koh Mook (Emerald Cave), Koh Ngai)



This part of our holiday is brought to you by the letter “s” … here it goes …



S̄wạs̄dī (Hello)



Sunsets



Scorching Sun



Searching for shade



Sand following us everywhere



Surf



Snorkelling



Sea Lice that Stings



Soccer volleyball



Scooting on Scooters



Screaming kids



Slacker



Sunburn



Suntan



Sleeping in



Swimming pool



Saved by air conditioning



Singing



So many Swedes



Sailboats



Sea life



Shells



Swaying Coconut trees



Suite upgrade



Slow season starting



Spicy



(Seven)7-Eleven (really)



Salamanders



Sea monitor lizards



Spiritual



Solitude



Study



Stairs



Steep cliffs



Song birds



Sunrise.



Super-fabulous Koh Ngai!








Notes to travellers: if wanting a family friendly, low key Southern Thailand vacation then Koh Lanta is great, especially the Klong Dao beach area. The Klong Dao beach and sand was perfect. Our hotel was Lanta Sea House and was great.

If you are not eating at the hostel/hotel, then you can get a tuk-tuk or scooter to Saladan to get to the main food market and stock up on snacks. Best and cheapest place we found for lunch/dinner was a family run restaurant on the main road in Klong Dao called Klong Dao Pad Thai. Almost no English spoken there, but they understand vegetarian and could create an order that was slightly off-menu (as Rosalyn created dishes with them). Vegetarian pineapple fried rice, yum!

The Emerald Cave on Koh Mook is a highly advertised excursion (i.e., “paradise spot”), but it was so packed with tourists it turned out to be unbelievable madness – more of a circus attraction! See Glen’s youtube segment for some swimming in the cave experience!

Koh Ngai is a picture postcard tropical island – emerald, clear green sea with few hotels (maybe 7). Koh Ngai resort is the most affordably priced and you get free snorkelling equipment and kayak. There’s wonderful snorkelling with coral reefs nearby. Poor wifi connection and no TV. We think we found a slice of peace on earth there!


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



29th March 2017
Gas for scooter sold in Rum bottles on the side of the road

Incredible sunrises & sunsets
Interesting & helpful blog, especially for anyone planning a trip to Thailand in future! The amazing photos perfectly capture the beauty of the area & the simple lives that the people here live!

Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 21; dbt: 0.0261s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb