Koh Lanta


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
March 14th 2011
Published: March 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

On the 9th February, we decided to travel to Koh Lanta. The journey was semi painless –just a few hours on the ferry. We decided to go to Klong Nin Beach – this was a big mistake! The beach itself is pretty nice but the accommodation we stayed at (Charlee Bungalows) was horrific!!

On our first day we chilled in a beach bar with some South African girls we met, drank lots of vodka redbull and played cards for hours. When we went to bed, we realised just how rough our beach bungalow actually was – cockroaches, hermit crabs, bed with no mattress and a constant scratching noise from under the floor boards which was potentially rats. We tried our best to stay up all night to avoid spending anytime in the room and lasted until about 4am.

The next day we moved and stayed at Lanta Sunny House on Haad Yao beach – this was really nice. Unfortunately we both got ill for a day whilst here so could not really make the most of it. We still had a few good nights out here however, every night a different bar hosts a party.

Whilst in Koh Lanta we booked a snorkelling trip to a nearby reef, unfortunately on the morning of the trip they told us that nobody else had booked this one and the only alternative was a trip to Koh Phi Phi. We reluctantly agreed to go to on this trip (we planned to go there in the future so didn't want to go on a day trip). The tour involved going to Maya Bay which is the island where The Beach is filmed, this is an amazing beach but unfortunately is absolutely packed with tourists which kind of ruins it a bit (I know I'm a tourist so a bit hypocritical of me to say so!!). We then snorkelled for just half an hour before heading for lunch on Bamboo Island which has an amazing beach. Next stop was a horrendous hour in the centre of Phi Phi which was absolutely packed and I had no interest in shopping. Finally a quick stop at Monkey Island, there was no Guybrush Threepwood there but plenty of monkeys who were fed lots of fruit. The trip was a little disappointing overall as we wanted to snorkel but only ended up doing half an hour.

Overall despite being ill for a day each we really enjoyed Koh Lanta and would recommend visiting there to anyone considering it. Next stop a overnight bus/ferry to Koh Phagnan for the full moon party.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.056s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0358s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb