oh to be a soi dog in krabi again


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
February 1st 2010
Published: February 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Jan 31st

Last night was alot of fun, after walking for what seemed like forever, and just before giving up, we finally found the Irie bar. We ordered a bucket of sangsom and coke and chilled out. We met a really nice dude from Denmark named Lars, he told us he spends 5 months every winter here. I am very jealous. After an hour or two the band went on. King Kong sound system was their name. Super tight, chill reggae. With all sorts of tictocks and cowbells, a ukelele and other fun things. We stuck around for the first set before we were falling asleep in our seats. So we hopped on a sidecar, the island equivilent of a tuktuk, and for 50 baht got a lift back to our bungalow.

Today we went for around of mini golf on the other side of the main road. Jenn beat me 49 to 72 in a 12 hole course, you do the math.

After that we headed out for a dip in the Adaman sea. The beach here is a little rocky, so we had to go for a bit of a walk down to find some place clear enough to float around. We lazed about in the ocean until the sun started to burn. Good times.

After a lovely late lunch (I had the "pizza meat" pizza, which had hotdogs on it, Jenn had some sort of delicious thai chicken salad.) we went and watched the sunset yet again.
On the way home, we stopped at a bakery where Jenn got a delicious looking chocolate croissant (which the ants got to before we did) And we booked bus tickets to Krabi for tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to miss lanta, but I'm excited to get back to Krabi town, the people there are second to none.

Currently its 9 pm, we're sitting on our porch watching the geckos eat the bugs on our ceiling and listening to the crickets, its probably about 20 degrees and a clear night. All is well in my books.

Also a Gecko just ate a butterfly bigger than itself. WOW!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb