Koh Lanta


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
February 5th 2006
Published: February 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

JB: Well. three consecutive flights in a day, 16 hours in the air seemed like a good idea at the time. It has to be said that the flights worked out really well, connections were very good even though we had to queue for an hour at Bangkik immigration we stil made our flght to Krabi in plenty of time. What was less good was the constant change in air pressure which combined with the vile colds has left us with what feels like permanent ear damage, but we're sure it will pass soon.

After 26hrs withour sleep it was so nice to walk out of Krabi airport and see our driver standing there brandshing a piece of paper with Barb's name on it. In the van and Barb fel asleep immediately. Two hours and two ferries later were were here at Nairma bungalows and very nice it felt. After some fitful sleep time for breakfast and the place still looks beautiful, very serene and not much to do except today, that and amuse the ginger cat that has adopted us. Think it may be time for little swim soon.

BB: Hi darlings well 3 things I forgot lipstick - how! rehydration powder & travel wash, purchased 3 lippys & Mascara on plane which seemed to make up for the other 2 which I didn't need on plane. With a heavy cold 2 flights wee about the limit by the third descent by ears were very painful, actually starts in ears travel out the back and hits the back of head. It really hurt. Arrived tobe offered glass of water - couldn't remember what you get from drinking unbottled water but knew about dehydration so drank the water (as jb said , of course it'll be bottled, how else do they get such good reviews) place if fab, actually slept - perhaps I just need to sleep every 26hrs.


Advertisement



6th February 2006

Congratulations on Beginning
We're delighted that you'll be keeping us posted during your adventures. We look foward to your recommendatons of places and accommodations that, if nothing else, we can dream of. XOXOXO
9th February 2006

You do sound like spoilt middle-class, middle-aged, middle Englanders off on your post dog travels. I almost thought you were a strange couple I didn't know. can we hurry up and get on to the sex,drugs and seedy bars? Less scenery more "The night JB got lashed and couldn't tell a ladyboy from a drunken checkout girl from Croydon" sort of stuff would be entertaining....

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.049s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb