Another lazy day at the Pimalai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
March 1st 2007
Published: March 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Sunset after the managers cocktail partySunset after the managers cocktail partySunset after the managers cocktail party

This is the upper infinity pool.
We have had a lazy day today. I started the day with a rather relaxing massage while Nigel went for a hair cut. Not such a relaxing experience. It turns out the 'hair salon' was part of (and in fact inside) a travel agents. The hairdresser was going to try and do the cut without realising Nigel's hair was stuck together with gel. When he realised the problem Nigel was sent 'out back' to wet his hair (with cold water) over some family's sink while the family slept around him. The man (who Nigel is sure had had no training) then cut his hair with some rather dodgy scissors before getting out a shaving knife to do the sides. I am pleased to say he returned in one piece with both ears still attached, having paid the grand total of 2 pounds. I, on the otherhand, was in a totally relaxed state (after I got over the toe tickling part), but mine cost a considerable amount more than 2 pounds (there's a surprise). I am now totally sold on this massage business, which could be quite expensive in the future.

We have just popped into the internet cafe where they
Nigel posing at the poolNigel posing at the poolNigel posing at the pool

Did this one in response to Sally's special request.
do free mini cakes and lemonade.

Earlier, we were amazed to see a police car escorting 3 blacked out limos into the hotel. We made an excuse to go to reception (just in case it was Robbie Williams) but I was very disappointed to find out it was only an ambassador! By coincidence we are also to be joined by a former prime minister of Greece. I wonder if I'll get to practice some Greek.

Attended the managers cocktail party last night, very civilised affair. We were able to get some great pictures from the top pool where it was held, as the sun set.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Sarah posing at the poolSarah posing at the pool
Sarah posing at the pool

Not wanting to be left out...Sarah joins in the posing.


4th March 2007

We can see why you both decided to return to this beautiful place. Not long to go now, so have a safe journey home and looking forward to catching up. xx

Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb