From Koh Ngai back to Lanta


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Lanta
February 24th 2007
Published: February 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Us at the sunset.Us at the sunset.Us at the sunset.

Unusually, there was no-one around so it was all very romantic and we balanced the camera on 2 tables.
We haven't written for a while as not much has happened, apart from alot of lounging, book reading and snorkelling.

We had a fab last night in the Chateau Hill Resort. We had already decided what to have for dinner (how organised) and were shown to our favourite table, which they had reserved (without us asking) - how nice. They took our drinks order but didn't give us menus - a bit strange. The next thing we knew, two plates of plain rice appear with a party susan containing 4 different dishes, complete with a salad in the middle into which they stuck a small cake candle in a cucumber. Unusual, but very sweet. Our picture was then taken with the waiter, who we had been helping with his English. We asked what was going on and apparently they do a free dinner for all guests who stay more than 5 nights. It was really nice although I had to eat round the chicken in 2 of the dishes, but I didn't have the heart to tell them I didn't eat meat.

Yesterday we took a speedboat transfer to Lanta. Very bumpy and great fun as the driver dodged the lobster pots.

We have booked back into the Pimalai for 10 nights - why change a great formula? This time it's even better. We have a better view thanks to Nigel who had given the hotel a list of room numbers that looked like they were in the best position. As returning guests, we were given a free dinner voucher (you know us - we like a freebie) and 2 money off spa vouchers (I'll have to work on Nigel to get him anywhere near it). Just when we were thinking how great it all was, a man knocked on the door with a bottle of 'champagne' on ice. So drinks on the balcony were great last night, especially as I was craving anything close to a decent glass of wine. You either can't get it in Thailand or they know how to charge a fortune for it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Another sunset view from Pool at Chateau Hill ResortAnother sunset view from Pool at Chateau Hill Resort
Another sunset view from Pool at Chateau Hill Resort

It's wonderful to lie on a sun lounger in 28 degrees looking at the stars.
First night back at the PimalaiFirst night back at the Pimalai
First night back at the Pimalai

Our first sunset, and with our complimetary fizz


26th February 2007

wow
Blimey it looks like free this and that all round! What fabulous photos! Brightening up here in Brighton but ony just! Lorraine x

Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0399s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb