"You Tazan, me Jane"


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Jam
February 5th 2012
Published: February 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This island and it’s laid back way of life is really beginning to grow on us. Alan, an American we met at our resort, was renting the tree house there so of course we just had to climb up and see it. It’s right at the front overlooking the beach. From his veranda there was an amazing view of the many neighbouring islands. A perfect spot to watch sunset. I don’t think I could take the ladder on a regular basis though especially as there is no bathroom so after ‘ lights out’ it could be tricky. I don’t suppose Tarzan had that worry, mind you he wouldn’t have been sat in a bar drinking Chang beer until 10pm!

Today we made the crazy decision to swim to the closest island, it didn’t look too far and appeared totally uninhabited. It looked like there may be decent coral on the way.

Sadly the visibility was poor and we wondered if the effort had been worth it, you could see coral below but not clear at all, maybe we’re just spoilt after the Banda Islands last year. There were two kyakers on the island’s little beach when we arrived, they set off as we began to swim back and remained quite close which was a comfort but we got back no problem.

The effort had to deserve a Chang beer and that’s just what we did, walked to the cute little bar in the village and downed it in one! Well almost.

Tomorrow we have promised ourselves a slow easy day but first we have to learn a new card game that the Finnish crowd want to teach us tonight. Better go and sleep off the Chang!!

Sunday 5th February

We took life easy today enjoying watching and listening to the wildlife here, swimming in the sea and just chilling out. We have decided to move on tomorrow, our 3 new friends from Finland are leaving and things will get pretty quiet around here. We’ve spent 6 nights on the island and really enjoyed the back to nature feel, we had begun to think that Thailand’s islands had all been overrun with tourists so it is nice to find that there are still some secret hideaways out here.




Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb