Back to laid back island life.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Chang
January 26th 2024
Published: February 1st 2024
Edit Blog Post

Just back on the island of Ko Lanta. Just back on the island of Ko Lanta. Just back on the island of Ko Lanta.

Walking through Somewhere Else at sunset. Two minute walk from our Guesthouse.
And now it's time to settle back into laid back island time.

The journey back from Penang had been every bit as difficult as getting there. Taking two full days with a stop over in Hat Yai again.
But to be honest if you don't experience a bit of the rough side of life you don't appreciate the good side and begin to take things for granted.
We were sure glad to be back to what I now call our " second home"!

Once settled back into our room we went straight out to find food and of course we knew the best places to go around here.

After the chaos of George Town on Penang, to be back here felt like paradise. Instead of the continual beep beep of traffic and big buses rumbling by it was just a two minute walk along the dusty lane to Aleena mini mart for essentials and the best take away breakfast.

We soon settled back into the old routine, waking up to bird song, leisurely take out breakfast from Aleena on the patio, stroll along the beach, sometimes longer walks, swim, snorkel, relax , dine out in beach front restaurants, meet up with new found friends at Aleena. You get the picture. Not to forget the odd night out dancing under the stars to a local reggae band.

So for the next week or so that's it.



Additional photos below
Photos: 23, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Beautiful Beach Beautiful Beach
Beautiful Beach

Lives up to it's name
Tricky Trocky BeachTricky Trocky Beach
Tricky Trocky Beach

A very tricky path down to reach this beach
Pretty flowers bloom everywhere.Pretty flowers bloom everywhere.
Pretty flowers bloom everywhere.

When we grow tired of the beach we take ourselves off for long walks
Back in our second homeBack in our second home
Back in our second home

We enjoy an early morning coffee overlooking the garden watching the world slowly wake up and listening to the bird song.
A night out in Irie Bar.A night out in Irie Bar.
A night out in Irie Bar.

Dancing the night away to a local reggae band


2nd February 2024

Welcome home!
I always look forward to your return to such a beautiful and restful place.
5th February 2024

Back to island life
Thanks Bob. Nice to know people do actually read my efforts.

Tot: 0.546s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 20; qc: 76; dbt: 0.1707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb