Lake chiew-Larn


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Khao Sok NP
August 27th 2017
Published: September 1st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Sunday
It rained heavily all night and we were up at 7.0 and went to breakfast in our water proofs ( I knew they would come in handy at some point)
Then we set off again in the mini bus for the hour drive to Lake Chiew- Larn. We left our cases in the tour operators office and our guide Sam showed us to our longtail boat with driver M. The monsoon started again and was torrential for nearly the whole hour long boat ride all the way into the lake to Phuphawaree Floating Raft Huts. In spite of wearing our water proofs we still got rather wet and we were pleased to arrive. I was thrilled when we were shown to our huts and they were really civilized with our own cold water shower rooms with basin and best of all a real toilet. We had electricity from six in the evening until nine the next morning we even had a tv which we didn't watch.
Sam and mollie jumped straight into the lake from their veranda to swim in the warm water.
After drying and changing our clothes we went for lunch which was delicious. In fact all the food there was very good. In the afternoon we took two kayaks and went off to explore. It felt as though we were the only people in the world as we quietly paddled in and out of inlets but we didn't see any wild life only the beautiful surreal scenery.
After chilling for a while we were taken by Sam and M for a two hour longtail boat ride. This time we saw a family of macaque monkeys which we watched for ages swinging through the trees and on the banks of the lake. One of them put their head right under the water to get a sail to eat. We also saw langur monkeys with their white eyes, heads and tails. They made a lot of noice and seemed rather aggressive. We saw hornbills with their large yellow beaks and eagles too.
We all felt tired after our exciting day and had an early night.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb