Sawasdee Ka (SIN - HKT)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Khao Lak
December 1st 2007
Published: December 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

SIN-HKT


Phang Na BeachPhang Na BeachPhang Na Beach

View of the beach from the road driving in
Another travel day.

This one started nice and leisurely in the hotel, had breakfast, packed up and took off about 11am. The Changi airport is huge, and really nice and has a ton of shopping! Like crazy shopping! Free internet everywhere, and even a Hi-Def area with huge plasma screens.

Got on our Silk Air flight for our 1:20 departure and landed in Phuket about 2:15 local time. We were met by Nu at the airport and he took us on about a 1.5 hour drive up to Khao Lak. Khao Lak is North of Phuket Island (we drove over the bridge to Phang Nga) on the western coast of the country. It was devastated by the Tsunami in 2004 but has since been rebuilt. On the drive in we saw this huge boat on the land on the other side of the road from the beach that moved maybe 3 km from the ocean. It was pretty amazing to see. Nu said that he was in the hospital for about 2 months because he couldnt walk. Sad.

Anyhow, we got to the Sarojin eventually -a gorgeous hotel on the beach - and were greeted with flowers and
The SarojinThe SarojinThe Sarojin

The main hotel area
cold drinks on our arrival. We have a great pool suite with the most amazing bathroom I have ever seen, our own little lap pool, and a great porch deck. Honeymoon at its best, after all the moving around we deserve it for a few days.

Dan and I took a short walk around, got Dan a few new books from the hotel library (that boy can read so fast! I just finished Eat, Pray, Love - very good for anyone interested), then chilled for a while in the room. Had a nice dinner at the hotel (the Thai food we have been craving ...yummy!) then crashed kinda early.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

BedroomBedroom
Bedroom

Awww...how sweet.
BathroomBathroom
Bathroom

The sink area
Bathroom tooBathroom too
Bathroom too

Toilet on the left, bath in the middle, showers on the right. And the toilet opens up in the back to the rocks. Very fancy.
Becky by the poolBecky by the pool
Becky by the pool

Reading a book


4th December 2007

oooh, jealous
I am so jealous. That looks so romantic! Glad to hear that book was good from a real person. I've seen it recommended and was thinking of reading it. I will for sure now.

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0498s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb