Phang Nga Bay Kayaking Trip


Advertisement
Published: July 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

The boys and I went down to Phuket to enjoy some more time at the beach. The highlight of our trip was joining a kayaking trip to Phang Nga Bay. The tour operator Andaman Sea Kayak picked us up from our hotel, drove us to the pier (about an hour) and we joined the rest of the group (about 20 people) on the boat. They motored out to Phang Nga Bay, and the boys were very interested in the dozens of HUGE jellyfish that we saw on the boat ride. They looked about 12-18 inches across!

Once we got out to the first stop, the boys and I got onto our sea kayak which was steered by our guide. He paddled us through a tunnel in the island (that are only accessible during low tide) to the lagoon hidden inside the donut shaped island. It was beautiful and serene, we saw many hornbills, many types of crabs crawling on the walls, and other interesting creatures.

On the first island there was also a group of eagles that were nested there. The guys on the boat threw chicken scraps to them as we were en route to the next stop, and the eagles were diving to scoop up the chicken bits out of the water. There were probably 12 or so huge eagles following the boat and diving for the chicken. It was really a thrill to watch.

We visited 3 different islands. The last tunnel we kayaked through had a large bat colony living inside of it!

On the way back to the pier, they stopped the boat at a beach and everyone got off for an hour to play in the ocean and paddle the kayaks around.

It was a fantastic day. Enjoy the pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

James Bond IslandJames Bond Island
James Bond Island

You didn't think it was really blown up in "Man with the Golden Gun" did ya?


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0247s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb