A little bit Krabi


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ao Nang
February 4th 2017
Published: February 10th 2017
Edit Blog Post

So we've just left Krabi after spending three nights here. We had a nice time here but had a bit of a dampener put on the trip.

I'll first mention a fantastic restaurant we found run by a man from Belgium, it was so good we ate there twice. The steak was delicious, we had jacket potatoes covered in cheese and I even got a very tasty creme brûlée to finish the meal off! We also found a lovely little Bistro on our long day trip that cured my craving for a caramel latte and we had cheese and ham croissants!

Apart from spending the whole time eating we rode two hours to the Emerald Pool and also to a hot spring. The hot spring was very much appreciated by my sore bum after the long ride! It was fantastic. A little waterfall that has pockets that you can sit in, and submerge yourself into bath-temperature water! We climbed all the way down the waterfall and ended up in a cold river! It was very relaxing. The Emerald pool was nice, it's a big hole in the ground filled with stone and fishes and the water is as clear as drinking water, it connects to a little stream further up.

It was a long old trek to these two attractions, unfortunately on the way back we got stuck in a very wet and windy storm that meant we had to sit around for a while before it was safe to ride again. With Mikey being the amazing safe and experienced rider that he is, he got us back to our hotel in one piece.

The next day we handed the bike back to the company with absolutely no damage, and they claimed we had done something to the the bike. Mikey explained to me that what they are saying had been damaged was natural wear and tear. None the less, they had his passport and refused to give it back until we paid and threatened to call the police when we called them out on their bullshit. They originally asked us to pay 800 baht, but we said we would give them 500, they settled on 600, showing you these scam artists were lying about how much it would cost to repair this apparent damage as they were prepared to negotiate. We agreed to pay just to get our passport back, when we did we told them they should be ashamed of themselves, they will be looked down upon for scamming and that they are fucking arseholes.

We took a walk to calm down a bit and went to Phrang Nang Cave for the second time. The first time we went there we saw the Fertility Cave where couples bring willy shaped objects (mainly wooden ha!) to the cave as an offering to the fertility god to bless them with children. We didn't get too close to the cave - just in case! We also saw lots of monkeys, went snorkelling and kayaking! The second time we went there I sunbathed on the beach whilst Mikey climbed up a mountain to a viewpoint, it was a bit steep and strenuous for me to be able to do.

We're now on a coach for two hours before getting a ferry for two hours to Koh Phangnan.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb