day trip- thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Northern Thailand
February 4th 2014
Published: February 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Today has beena busy one. We had to be up and out for half six. only just managedit. we werepicked up and taken to a local market this took an hourto get to by minibus. We bought soe papaya and water melon which we had for our dessert at dinner. The market was disturbing at times pig heads just on a table. Theyhad somepigeons and squirrels which the guide told us are not for eating but you can buy themfor a relative or friend and they release themand its meant to bring goodluck.we however arent convinced and think the squirrel would of beenon the bbq at dinner. We thenheaded to a family thai house. The firstactivity there was to ride in an ox cart the only way back in the day they use to get around. Theymustof always beenlate dont go very fast but they so bumpy one point thought daz was gonna fly out of it. Got to weara hat to (anyone who knows me knows a love a fancy dress hat).The man who drove the cart kept laughing with a hint of evil as he wentover bumps.
Oncethe ride was over we had a thai cooking classdemonstrated three dishes which we thenhad for our dinner.One was like a shrimp soup which i actually enjoyed, another was like shredded carrots n someother kind of veg(forgot whatits called but promie i was listening and the thirdwas somegreen veg ive never had wasnt keenon that but its green so no suprise. Theyalso madeis a traditional thai omelette tasted english and chicken and basil dish that was yummy. basil apparently has lots of healing properties.
Oncewe had eaten took a long driveto khaoyao national park to see a waterfall was very pretty but had claimdownabout 7000steep steps and was thinkin all way downgotta climbback up these. waterfall was pretty but didnthavealot of water the guide said usually three times as high as it was in rainy season.
climbed back up the steps my thighs and calfswereshaking back ontothe bus to get to the elephantpark. on the way we stopped at a high up point monkeys wereeverywhere. A couple left theircookies in a bag werent long til monkeys had it. Was quite funny but i would chase themif they weremy cookies.We thenheaded to elephantpark.
when i saw the elephants i was excited but nervous. initially we got on the seats on the elephants back. daz was straight on elephantneckas soonas he was asked. I didntthink id be able moveof the seat but thenthought whatthe hell im im thailand on an elephantwhen im a gonna havethis opportunity so i jumped behind daz so wr got to ride together. dont think we will ever forget it. Theydint feel how id imagine they are really hairy the prickles wererubbing my legs.We rode themfor about half an hour.After we had jumped off which i did not do very gracefully we bought somebananas to feed them.They wereso cute lovely animals.Just hopethat they are looked after properly.Our trip was thenover but had long driveback to bangkok think we had beenout for twelve hours.
plan tomoz temples!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb