Avoiding prison


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Northern Thailand
December 20th 2009
Published: December 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

So i finally leave Bangkok (after 5 days of being ill) and head to Udon Thani, never even heard of it but i wanted to go to loas and its cheaper to go there first and get a bus (which sounds easier than my actual journey which was a bit of a nightmare). I land in Udon and have no clue where to stay or where to go but i end up jumping in a mini bus going to somewhere and i get talking to a guy from Belgium and we both try the same hotel but it was full, so was the next 3 we tried. The fourth said orginally 400 Baht which is ok but as soon as the taxie left they suddenly didnt have 400 but 700 so we set off walking to some where Micheal (belgium guy) new in his travel book.....20 mins later we found out it was shut down....so off we went again and found somewhere a little more expensive than we wanted but we were tierd and decided to stay.

So thye next moring we went to the bus station where micheal was going straight to vientian in laos and i was going to Nong Khai in Thailand which is on the boarder to stay there for a night. We parted ways and i got on the bus...just as it was setting off, 1 pound it cost me for 1 hour bus ride. As i got off at Nong Khai something...and i dont know why...told me to go straight to vientiane...so i did and im glad i did...some how (as she couldnt speak english) i spoke to a thai girl on the bus and she said she was heading for laos, so she helped me get to the boarder where it went a bit tits up.

i go to the post where i get stamped out of thailand and the women said i have overstay...knowing that if you have over 3 days overstay you go to jail and i was 4 days i started to sweat! I had to take my bags off the bus (the thai girl looked worried for me) and go to the office. I protested the fact i have a visa for 60 days )but it wasnt showing on my pastport...it only had 30 days). After a bit of a talk they said have a seat....15 mins later and No finger nails left i managed to get off without going to jail or a 80 000 baht fine...just. I came out of the office and micheal was just crossing immagration so we decided to meet at the same place cos i still had to get a visa at laos immagration (fun times). I managed to get my visa and finally i crossed over into loas...which i nearly kissed the ground again.

Met up with micheal who had already made friend with another couple, one from Thailand and one from Germany we are all heading in thge same direction so we are all going to Vang Vien tomoro, and then Micheal and I are gonna travel through Laos then go to chiang Mai and then im gonna head to Koh phangan for the New Year full moon party where i meet some friends i met.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.18s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0995s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb