Hill Tribe Trekking


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Northern Thailand
November 3rd 2007
Published: November 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

After a whole day in bed with the lurgy we set off trekking an hour and a half outside of Chiang Mai.

Ten of us crammed into the back of a pick up truck and i started to sympathise with the cattle you see on the motorway heading towards the abbatoir! Stopping off at a thai market to buy water we then stopped at the bottom of the mountain for lunch before heading off on the trek.

The concept of 'Hill Tribe' obviously being at the top of the hill - It was a pretty tough cardio session lasting around three - four hours (The thought of calorie burning kept Jo going) and finally we arrived at our destination to be greeted with a treasure chest style fridge filled with Chang Beer...mmmm........

As the sun went down the mist came up the hill and the visability became zero. After a few Changs the guitar came out and we all proceeded to sing 'Oasis', 'Chilli peppers' etc etc until it was time to go to the hut to try to sleep. If anyone thought that roosters only start to 'Cock-a-doodle-do' when the sun comes up they are wrong - they start at 1am...and dont stop....

Bleary eyed, justin & I were woken and after brekkie headed down (a VERY steep) hill to see a gorgeous waterfall. After that we trekked on to the elephant park where we rode on the back of an elephant and then went white water rafting.

Absolutely exhausted when we returned to our hostel last night. We took loads of photos but for some reason the memory card seems buggered so you'll just have to believe us!

flying to Loas this afternoon x



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0248s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb