Back to the quiet of village life


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Northern Thailand » Phitsanulok
November 3rd 2010
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 16.82, 100.27

We stop about half way through the journey near the town of Phitsanulok for a toilet break and for the Thais something to eat, even though it is 02:00 in the morning and we only have 20 minutes. Arrive at Khon Kaen at 07:30 and are dropped off quite near to our next bus which unfortunately does not leave for another hour. Jai disappears to find us some breakfast. We finally arrive in Phon Thong about 11:00 and tuk-tuk across town to where we left the motorbike for out final 20 minutes or so back to the village. We arrive feeling tired and dirty. As expected the house is filthy. Jai's mother has absolutely no concept of clean/dirty. Between us we soon clean enough to be able to stop and have something to eat. In the afternoon we clean absolutely everything and soon have the place back to normal. In the garden one of the bunches of bananas are gone and I guess that Jai's mum has sold them however the one bunch is still there and another tree is in flower. On the veg front the cabbages, lettuce, big onions all look good but there is no sign of any tomatoes or beetroot. In the evning we ride out to the farm to give the rice a once over and although a couple of plots have been cut the remainder looks as though it needs another couple of weeks before being ready for cutting. Surprisingly enough Jai's new passport had actually arived during our absence and appears to be in order.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0467s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb