Pampering ourselves in Phitsanulok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Northern Thailand » Phitsanulok
March 30th 2008
Published: April 2nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

After about an hour long bus ride, we arrived in Phitsanulok, a town convenient to hang out it because it's on the railway and also has very reasonable and nice accomodations. We decided this would be a good place to find a room with A/C and maybe even a TV to spoil ourselves a little bit. After some searching we ended up in a place recommended by our guidebook called the Lithia (?) Guesthouse. We got a great room (clean, large, comfy bed, TV, AC, hot shower, and even a refrigerator!) that included a free breakfast for the low low price of 460 baht! (That's about $15)

The hotel also had an attached restaurant called the Steak Cottage where we enjoyed filet mignon and a pork steak for dinner our first night there. Not quite Outback Steakhouse, but it was pretty darn good. We don't have a lot of pictures to share from here as there wasn't much worth sharing but there are a few we thought were entertaining. One is of course the reliable 7-11 which is EVERYWHERE in thailand, including here. However, Phitsanoluk is a little different in that it has a competing chain that looks quite similar to 7-11 that seems to have won most of the market so this was actually one of the few 7-11s we saw here. Another common sight and sound of Thailand is the moving audio billboards which are the pickup trucks carrying speakers in the back blaring some sort of message or music whereever they go and with billboards on the sides of the truck bed. Usually there are at least three in a row, all very close together so you can't really tell what they are saying (even if you can understand Thai). The last picture we have is of one of the set breakfast choices...fried egg, "sausage" (aka little hot dogs), and toast. They had other options but this was the main western breakfast option. We discovered the thai omelet was a much better choice.

That's about it for Phitsanoluk, we didn't see much in the way of tourist attractions because there aren't many, but had a lovely stay nonetheless. This morning we hopped on a train to Bangkok (which by the way we had to book two days in advance to get a seat - this is also why we stayed here two nights).


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

American breakfastAmerican breakfast
American breakfast

Checkout the sausage, yummy hotdog


Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0587s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb