SE Asia - 2010


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Northern Thailand » Chiang Khong
January 10th 2010
Published: January 25th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Well, we can't believe that it's been 2 years since our last big adventure. India is still so fresh in our minds. We're heading back to Asia and this time we're travelling though Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and Cambodia with a quick stop-over in Istanbul. So many places to look forward to and so many new people to meet. It should be a lot of fun and above all..... no snow.

As before, I'll try not to bore you with hundreds of inane photos and endless ramblings. Short and simple. If you're not interested please feel free to remove your address from the list.

Feel free to leave comments on the blog and you can email us at lesliehendy@gmail.com if you need to contact us.

See you all soon and enjoy the winter.

We started our tour in Bangkok which is a BIG city with lots of hustle and bustle. Quite interesting but very full of pollution, traffic and tourists. The highlights were the Royal Palace and the reclining Buddha.

After Bangkok we travelled by overnight train up to Chiang Mai which was a sleepy little town in the foothills.

The boat ride down the Mekong
Reclining BuddhaReclining BuddhaReclining Buddha

This is one big Buddha and it's reclining.
River was outstanding. We were on the boat for two days and we stopped at several small villages and a cave full of Buddhas.

We're having a fabulous time so far. The people are so happy and friendly and we've been lucky with the weather.

More soon,

Leslie and Lesley.





Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Royal Palace, BangkokRoyal Palace, Bangkok
Royal Palace, Bangkok

More spectacular temples at the Palace complex.
Royal Palace, BangkokRoyal Palace, Bangkok
Royal Palace, Bangkok

The palace is breathtaking. One amazing golden bejeweled temple after another.
Royal Palace, Bangkok, again.Royal Palace, Bangkok, again.
Royal Palace, Bangkok, again.

Did we mention that it was spectacular here?
Prayers at the TemplePrayers at the Temple
Prayers at the Temple

There are monks everywhere in this beautiful country.
Sparkling glass temple.Sparkling glass temple.
Sparkling glass temple.

This temple was on the way to Chang Khong in Thailand. Right out in the middle of nowhere.
The boat on the Mekong.The boat on the Mekong.
The boat on the Mekong.

This was our tour group on the boat down the Mekong River.
Hmong village in Lao.Hmong village in Lao.
Hmong village in Lao.

The Hmong people are the hill tribes in the north of Thailand and Lao.
Trying to get a bargain.Trying to get a bargain.
Trying to get a bargain.

I tried to get a better price but they got the better of me and I paid top Kip.


25th January 2010

Great pictures
Great to hear from you and know that you are having such a good time. The pictures are amazing!! Send more W
28th January 2010

yay
I'm still subscribed from your India trip from years ago... good to see you're both traveling again (PS you dont know me, I am a random)

Tot: 0.196s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 14; qc: 73; dbt: 0.1552s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb