Day 6


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Sukhothai
September 26th 2010
Published: September 29th 2010
Edit Blog Post

After an amazing breakfast of banana pancakes we headed to the ancient ruins of Sukhothai Historical Park. Our transport was a little slower than expected in an opened back bus/truck with the locals, but when we arrrived in the park we had the choice of many many bicycles and opted for the 'turbo' bikes with 'big girl' Becky instantly assigned a higher saddle! Elin's knees on the other hand were touching her chin!! And so map in hand we once again began our cycle and toured the beautiful ruins set in the scenic park.

Well and truly templed and cycled out we headed back on the 'bus' at approx. 5 mph to the guesthouse to shower and wash our very sweaty clothes!

For dinner we sampled the 'Dream Cafe' however the bike journey was not as smooth as we would have liked with Becky's bike chain once again coming off on the busiest bridge in town. But a lovely local helped her and even gave her a wet wipe! After a delicious dinner, Elin's toilet called so we biked back at a good speed, partly in order to avoid the savage dogs, to create our blog!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0502s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb