Peaceful Pai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Pai
March 22nd 2011
Published: April 4th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We'd heard that Pai was a bit of a hippy chilled out place, with not a lot to do other than enjoy the weather and listen to a bit of Bob Marley and it did not disappoint!

After a particularly troubled journey for Emilie and a stressful journey for me, on what seemed like a never ending, winding road through the mountains we arrived in Pai. Hot, sweaty and still hungover (Emilie) from the night before and with no idea where we were going to stay we stopped in the first place we saw to eat. This turned out to be a Thai cooking school and therefore some great cheap food. After 20 minutes walking with our bags in the scorching midday sun we decided we would only stay somewhere with a pool, but with our meagre budget this proved to be a challenge. We eventually found 'Blue Lagoon' which was perfect for us, only 400 baht a night and a lovely pool! The bus journey and Emilies whining soon disappeared from memory with a cold Singha in my hand and a pool to cool off in!

We decided on going to the Thai cooking school not so much to learn how to cook but to settle who was the best cook and those of you fortunate enough to have sampled my Thai green curry will know it is the stuff of legends unrivalled even in Thailand! No prizes then for who was crowned 'Masterchef' although Emilie made some mean spring rolls.

Pai is a great place to do absolutely nothing and after 3 days of chilling we were ready for the 2 day journey to Loas.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.2s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 81; dbt: 0.1172s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb