Pai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Pai
December 1st 2010
Published: December 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

762 curves in the road to Pai from Chiang Mai. Or so they say the three hour journey north felt like 3,762 curves and even the best travellers would be feeling worse for wear. We certainly were after spending the previous evening sampling the nightlife of Chiang Mai.

After we dragged ourselves from bed we ran to the bus station to meet Jo and Nicole and grab a rather early Pad Thai for breakfast.

We arrived in Pai for lunchtime and set out on an adventure to find accommodation. It was suprisingly difficult to find somewhere that would fit all of us in one room but we suceeded in the end, dumped our stuff and headed out to explore. Pai is a quaint little town with a boho chilled out vibe. We were treated to a traditional Thai meal which, altho not necessarily to all our tastes was definately an experience. We also found an amazing bakery here that sold the best chocolate chip scones which we all had to have seconds of for breakfast the next day.

We walked to the river for the evening and found a really chilled out bar on the waters edge which was lit by lanterns and candles and had cushions scattered on bamboo for seating. We grabbed a cocktail here and chilled out for most of the evening watching people let their lanterns off into the night sky. Definately a more chilled out vibe than any where else we have been but if you have the time then definately head to Pai for a glimpse at yet another side to Thailand.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



13th January 2011

The Ultimate Tourist
My name is Jennie and i just wanted to let you know that there now is a webpage called http://theultimatetourist.com where tourists from around the world finally can get some use from all these photos they have, posing by different tourist attractions. Here you can choose between over onehundred different attractions and activities, upload your travel-photos and collect one tourist-point for each photo. You will reach different levels of Tourist the more photos you upload, and everybody over 80 points will be Ultimate Tourists. Remember, you have to be in every photo yourself to prove you were actually there (lots of options from Thailand), and dont worry about the 'No backpackers'-sign. Its just for fun. So if you would like to compete with your photos, or maybe just spread the word, go into http://theultimatetourist.com Three Swedes are in the top 3... Challenge them! :)

Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0465s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb