Pai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Pai
December 26th 2007
Published: December 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We decided to go and spend a night in Pai which is a small town a bit north of Chaing Mei. in order to get there we had t take a 3 hour mini bus ride on the road with the most bends in the world i'm sure, Chloe and Nicole both felt motion sick and the driver was crazey it felt like the bus could topple over at any time. once there we had to find accomadation and the first decent one we found we just stayed at. it was very nice and brand new but cost 600 bhts a nicght which was expensive after Chaing Mei. the town was so cute and very friendly and at last we had some good western food. because we had only had the afternoon and next morning we had to go do something even though we were exhusted. so we managed to find this taxi driver who would take us to the caves. he had a 1972 car which he was so proud of but 20 minutes into our trip we broke down !! chloe and i just laughed histiracally but nicole didn't find it so funny. he then called a friend who come to get us and we continued to the caves. The whole trip took an 1.5 hours but it was worth it as the caves where really nice. they were huge and very mysterious. we then watched the birds fly in and bats fly out which was really cool but it stank so badly it was really gross.

The next day we went to hot springs which was not at all what we expected. it was just a hot river which was really shallow so we had to wallow in there. some people were boiling eggs in the river. but once we had been in for a little while chloe relised we were covered in tiny leaches. SO GROSS. so we all jumpe out and took them off. thankfully they were to small to suck us, and we could just pick them off. We then went home a little dissapointed and took the same bus home, this time i got sick and it was so awful. but that wasn't the worst of it. Straight from that bus we had to get on the 12 hour bus to bangkok overnight again and 1/2 hour before we got on nicole and I started vomitting our hearts out, and didn't stop the whole night. the bus toilet started to flooded half way through the trip so our only choice was see-through plastic packets !! it was so gross. The bus driver gave us some thia stuff which could have been opium for we all knew but it worked and we passed out for a while. We then booked into a shitty but expensive hotel for just the day as we had to fly at 5.30pm. we just slept and were still sick when we had to go to the airport. We flew to Surat Tani and then had to catch the night(vegetable) boat (as it was the only one avaliable to Koh Phangan. Due to us being so out of it and sick, we bought a ticket on the wrong boat and wasted 200 bahts, the people would not give us a refund. Any way luckly we all managed to sleep the whole trip abd it was fairly comfortable. We arrive at Koh Phangan early in the morning and were nervous about not finding accomadation so we bought some from a really friendly guy on the boat like everyone else did and it was so horrific, it was called munchies (we should have known from the name) so again we wasted another 600 bahts !!!. on seeing the place we quickly got another taxi and went to haad rin, everywhere was super expensive but we were so tired that we just agreed to pay 3590 bahts a night at tommy's resort which was so nice. and luckly we did as it was the perfect place to be.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0478s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb