The dazzling Poi Sang Lor festivities continue in Mae Sariang


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Mae Hong Son
April 5th 2009
Published: May 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Start of parade 39 secs
2: Parade down the street 27 secs
After travelling 3-4 hours south of MHS in a bus with no air-conditioning that had the back door wide open and me thinking that I would fall out at anytime, we found ourselves in charming Mae Sariang and met up with our friend Claire, from Chiang Mai. While MHS is a quiet country town, this goes a step further. Home to only a small number of guesthouses and trekking companies, it is a place visited by very few tourists and is in a tranquil, country setting overlooking Yuam River.

Even with the noise and celebration of the Poi Sang Long ceremony underway in Mae Sariang it was peaceful. As you can see from the photos the Shan are doing a similar procession as in MHS, just on a smaller scale. The Shan in MHS would also be having a weekend procession for more of the-would be novice monks. Like only a couple of days before in our home town MHS, Lou and I decided that the Shan couldn’t have all the fun and we joined in on the dancing and festivities.



Additional photos below
Photos: 40, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.022s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb