A welcome back


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
March 5th 2012
Published: June 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 18.8, 98.98

We were tired out by the time we reached Chiang Mai having taken 3 flights. However the Emirates First Class was worth it even though we had to change at Dubai on the way to Bangkok. At Dubai airport Tiz had a complimentary foot massage in the lounge. The suites on board the plane were spacious with a 25" TV screen, vanity case, personal bar and comfy flat bed. There was even a bar you could go to and stand at so with all these facilities not much sleep was had and hence we were tired! The transfer from Bangkok to ChiangMai was straight forward with no waiting and there was a car waiting to take us to the Dhara Dhevi Mandarin Oriental, which is my favourite hotel in the world and this was the beginning of our third stay. As always there was a lovely welcome from the staff. We were taken to our suite on a golf buggy and finally collapsed for a couple of hours before the socialising began in the bar with old friends and then in the Chinese restaurant for a very delicious meal. A heavy first night but a very good one. All we could do the following day was flunk by the pool as the weather was balmy and hot. Before we knew it, it was time to attend the Manager's cocktail party before seeing the Thai dance show in the restaurant and later meeting up with people in the bar- another late night. We will get out and see somewhere but it would be easy to stay in the hotel as it is set in beautiful grounds, has a spa, gym, 2 pools and 4 different restaurants and of course the bar.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



7th March 2012

It looks like you are in heaven and what a wonderful flight - well worth the extra money I guess to be able to sleep etc., the hotel and surroundings look wonderful and I am sure you are really enjoying yourselves after such a rotton start
to the year with your eyes etc., hope they are continuing to get better very envious - please if you can remember could ou buy some ampicillian tablets for Trish and myself - as she owes me about 30 tablets anyway look forward to your next blog have fun
7th March 2012

I know someone who eats like a bear who would be happy to stand in for Ted if he is ever travel sick

Tot: 0.347s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0761s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb