Chaing Mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
June 15th 2012
Published: June 16th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrived in Chaing Mai and settled into our guest house before going to the Sunday 'walking' Market which runs for miles down one the the main streets.

We immediatley felt a more chilled vibe then in the Bangkok markets. People dont hassle you at the stall,they just let you browse until your ready to barter with them. The stalls sol much more arts and crafts goods then any other market and there was singing and dancing all the way along the street.

I bought myself some odds and ends started to feel guilty then worked out how much money I'd spent in english equivelent and it turned out to be about a tenner haha!

We had diiner in a small restaurant behind the stalls and we could here live music from a couple of doors down so went there afterwards. Saw the end of a ska/reggae set then a blues band take its place, both were really good.

We stopped off at a quirky little bar called 'Barli' run by an old guy and about 20 of his mates. They were all sat out drinking aswell and we sat talking to a couple of english girls trading travelling tips before taking our slightly tipsy selves home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 40; dbt: 0.0547s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb