Moving around


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
January 15th 2011
Published: January 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

So Phuket....not much to say. Patong is pretty seedy and disgusting. We went to a ping pong show...when in Rome...and it was stomach wrenchingly sick. The poor frog and budgie she plucked and the darts were all too much for us to handle and swiftly moved on. Just in time to miss the monsoon which ensued shortly after.

After spending as little time on Kata beach as possible we flew north to Chiang Mai. Wow, what a place. If a city could be hidden, this would be it. Deep in northern Thailand's jungle this major city has developed. Steeped in cultural significance this lackadaisical place has something for everyone.

The Zoo here is unmissable. Check the pictures for the different species of animals here. Again we took a ped up to the view points which disappointed slightly only due to the foggy mist surrounding the city. Decided to give Tiger Kingdom a miss and opted instead for a days trekking. Rapid rafting down rivers, elephant trekking, waterfall jumping and finally bamboo drifting made up an unforgettable day.

On to Laos (just about) for Tubing.......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0659s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb