Tubing We Shall Go


Advertisement
Laos' flag
Asia » Laos » West » Vang Vieng
January 16th 2011
Published: February 8th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Wow...what a place. Vang is the kind of place that definitely separates the two types of travelers - the traveling type; and the reveling type. Vang Vieng is an incredible amount of fun and i spent the first few days trying to work out how to bring tubing back to London, my conclusion; it would never work - it'd never pass Health and Safety and we'd never have the weather!

Tubing is one of those experiences that you hear about and you know it'd be good, but it isnt until you do it you realise to what extent. Saying that, after our 8 day stint I was ready to head to the sleepy south.

The second day of Tubing Hughbie left and i developed what I thought at the time were liver pains (still dont know what they are but they werent on the same side as my liver...doh!). Q-Bar and the gang (Bridgette, Josh, Hex, Gibson, Simone, and Britney) made some epic Beer Pong Championships, added with the local female pool player, all built fond memories of this magical place - though their love for Loa Whisky did nothing for my liver.

Now I say magical because I saw a transformation - a mouse into a man. Though this may have begun in Chiang Mai, it propelled itself (quite literally) here in V.V. Hughbert changed much like that of a butterfly and took on the plunging depths of the waterfalls Chiang Mai had to offer, and the searing heights of the zip lines in Vang. Hugh if your reading this...it was a proud moment for a father, to see his son learn to fly!!

With Hughsif's departure the group dynamics changed once again, 3 became 2, and we headed south. '4000 Islands' was captivating enough - but stories of river banked stilted bungalows and tranquil evenings persuaded us further to make the 16 hour trip (through Pakse).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0622s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb