A night out in chiang mai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Mai
March 6th 2007
Published: March 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

In Chiang Mai we took a fire truck (our name for the taxis beause thats what they look like...obviously) to the mai thai boxing. We pulled up outside and before we could even step off the back of the truck we were greeted by a lady boy. He/she took us through into the boxing arena, which was just a boxing ring, with chairs and table around it and lots of bars. We were taken directly to the lady boy bar. The bar was entirely run by lady boys who kept shrieking and posing for photos. The fights had already started when we arrived. There were even little kids boxing. 2 little girls! One much smaller than the other, who went flyingggg when she took a punch to the head. The final fight was a huge swedish bloke against a tiny thai bloke. From what i had heard about mai thai boxing, i was expecting a lot of gore! There was quite a bit of kicking/punching etc, then after the second round the thai bloke simply said he didnt want to carry on!!! it was such a let down. People had told me that the boxing they had seen in bangkok was ruthless. Fighters covered in blood and at the end, jumping onto the ropes and showering everyone with blood. Dont get me wrong, Im not too keen on getting hepititus, but blood in the boxing ring is what we want to see! The let down of the fight was quickly forgotten as all the staff at the lady boy bar performed their idea of the maccarena!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0178s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1021.9kb