multi-sport days 3 & 4


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Dao
January 6th 2013
Published: January 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

our third day of the multi-sport was all biking. we left around 9 for a 30 minute drive to Chiang Dou. Once in Chiang Dou we jumped on our bikes - oh sore butt still and started off. Again beautiful scenery. We biked to a hot spring, a small village where Shelly was caught with a banana cigar and then to the Chiang Dou caves. Chiang Dou mountain is the 3rd tallest mountain in Thialand. we toured the cave and had 3 really tight areas to go thru and had to be lead thru part of it with a local guide and an lantern.

After the cave we ate another local lunch and then biked more to our rustic lodge. We did stop for some fried bananas - Shelly and I have to figure out how to make them and then did some off roading over some rough passes. Total biking was about 40 kilometers.

The lodge has no ac but it is clean and comfortable. we met 2 austrialian families at the lodge and sat around the campfire talking. The guides then got us thailand laterns which we lit and they floated into the sky.

Today we woke up and did a short (1 hour) challenging bike ride on some trails. More beautiful scenery. We then went back to the lodge for showers, but the power was off so we used a damp cloth and packed up to leave. Next was a 3 hour drive to Pai. That was one curvy step road. We went up and over a mountain range. The guides dropped us off a the hotel and left. :-( We will miss Pan. We're now showering and then will walk into town to shop a bit and relax.

Tomorrow we start the 2 days of rafting. We will not have internet tomorrow (nor the computer) as we camp in the jungle. ???? We will connect again when we are back in Chiang Mai for the evening. BTW, many of the blog posts have more than three pictures, you have to scroll down really far (past all the advertising...) to see them.

another funny fact. Everyone here thinks it's cold. it's like 80, it does get cool here (in the mountains at night) but people are wearing sweaters and jackets. it's funny. They are even putting sweaters on many of the dogs.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0483s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb