You cant get away from Tesco !!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-East Thailand » Roi Et
October 28th 2011
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 15.9033, 103.729

Bit of a lie in this morning compared to life in the village and wehead down to our buffet breakfast. Bacon, eggs, sausages, omelette, fried tomatoes, toast, jam, fruit juice, fruit, etc or a choice of Thai breakfast. We tuck in !! The inclusion of the breakfast makes this great value for money.
After the breakfast has settled we set out to visit some proper shops - well almost proper shops. First stop is Tesco Lotus - they really are everywhere ! Check out the electrics but Jai really wants some new plates, dishes and pans. I have told her that we are only window shopping today because with our overnight baggage and being on the bike we couldnt really carry anything else. They have a few things but nothing that catches the eye. The pans in particular look quite expensive and judging by their weight are not too substantial. We head on out of town a bit to another supermarket Makro who have a similar range of goods. The only that really caught my eye in either place was the cheeses but again I thought that they were silly expensive.
Leaving the shops I spot a sign pointing to Roi Et Museum and as Jai likes museums I follow it. It leads to a locked and apparently deserted building so I dont know what happened there. As we are following the canal around the city we pass the White Elephant Bar that I had been told to look out for and will come here next time that we visit Roi Et.
Back to the hotel to cool down for a little before starting back.
We elave Roi Et about 10:30 with the heat starting to build and in hindsight it wasnt such a good idea and we should have been off at the crack of dawn. As we reach the Phon Thong intersection on the edge of the city the police have all roads sealed off and the traffic is queueing back already. We u-turn and head for the shade of a nearby tree to wait. About 20mins later a few cars drive through and the police open up the roads again and we are on our way. About half way back the wind and the sun are getting a bit much and I pull over into a bus shelter for 10mins to come down. The journey went downhill from here being completed in 10min stages stopping to clear my head before proceeding. We got some unfortunately necessary petrol just outside Phon Thong and by the time we reached the village our speed had dropped to about 20kph. Not really sure how we got back without an accident.
Clothes off, bucket of cold water over my head and onto the bed with fan on full for an hour or two. I think I must have fried what I have left of my brains. Feel a litter better later on but am still settling down for the night about 6pm - holiday definitely over !

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb