Isle of Man TT this is not


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-East Thailand » Roi Et
June 29th 2010
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 15.9033, 103.729

Today we are making our first real journey by motorbike to the nearest city of any size Roi Et. We want to buy an oven so that Jai can bake cakes but the local town has come up empty in this department. Roi Et has a Tesco Lotus which we are hoping will be able to help. Whilst in Roi Et we visit the land registry to check up on the deeds for Jai's land at the farm but they are not ready yet. We also visit a large furniture store and buy a kitchen cupboard to for the baking stuff to live in. Tesco is next to useless, I guess as the locals dont use ovens they dont stock them. We are pointed to another shop, Makro, on the far outskirts of the city where we are fortunate enough to find just what we are looking for. A microwave sized convector oven with grill that will stand nicely on the new cupboard. We return to the furniture shop carefully balancing the new oven between us on the bike and ask them to deliver the oven to us at the same time that they bring the cupboard. Good news - they agtree. On the way back I get a front wheel puncture passing some road works and have to push the bike about 2km in the midday heat. Very glad when we get back to the house, a cold drink and most important of all, the fan !! Only about 150km but it felt like a lot more.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.048s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0218s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb