Long Wa Up Day IX


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Eastern Thailand
December 21st 2009
Published: December 21st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Day IX

Getaway from Bangkok

Finally we got our plates, this was the moment that we have been waiting for one week.

Immediattely after installing plates we headed to the East. After 10 minutes of driving Police stoped us, because I drove ”wrong” - sure! After negotiating I payed the officer 100Baht instead 400Baht in the police office, and we got moving.

Driving

Roads are generally in very good condition in Thailand, traffic is wild but we adjusted oursefls to it very fast. One just has to remember respect others and remain humble. Our roads 304, 359 and 33 to the border where quite boring from the point of view of landscapes: lots of broken and shabby houses, hot sun and flat areas.

”Big problem”

Said the officer on the border, and we found out that we did not have all the necesesary documents for the bike, and that it was not my name on the registeration paper. After 30 minutes of discussion and hoping to get to Cambodia, we surrended under Thai laws and regulations. We gave in but did not give up!

Big hope

My friend from Bangkok who helped me to register the bike wil bring us more documents tomorrow and we hope to cross the border at 8am.

We are currently staying in thai motel at the border. Not too bad.

More stuff:
&feature=channel

Cheers
I & O

Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 13; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0246s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb