Ko Kut, Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Eastern Thailand
December 23rd 2008
Published: January 24th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hut by the SeaHut by the SeaHut by the Sea

This is "home" for a week on Ko Kut This beautiful and remote island gave respite and tranquility.
Ko Kut is a small, remote island on the way to southern Cambodia. A few years ago I took the same trip headed to Sihounukville in the extreme south of Cambodia. Ko Kut is in Thailand but perhaps as far as one can travel and still be in the country. We boarded the same enclosed, cigar shaped boat as I had done a few years before, which basically forces its way through the seas with the water pretty well up to the windows; this for several hours.
Arriving in Ko Kut we took about an hour by "rote duey san" i.e. small passenger truck to our little hut by the sea. The island is remote and shows no indications of modern tourist conveniences.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Outside our doorOutside our door
Outside our door

The bay outside of our door stretched for about a mile with a wide beach, few people and the rolling seas coming in. (We saw one farange i.e. foreigner during this time as well as a small group of Vietnamese who were likely illegal, but welcomed by the Thais nonetheless).
SunsetSunset
Sunset

This pic was taken outside of our veranda. Friends stayed in the cottage to our right and we were all just a few feet from the lonely/isolated/welcoming beach in front of us.
Just strolling alongJust strolling along
Just strolling along

This island is definitly not on a major tourist route. We could stroll along for hours not seeing another person.
Ko KutKo Kut
Ko Kut

Getting some wave action on Ko Kut; this reminded me a little of Vancouver Island.
Cooling PoolCooling Pool
Cooling Pool

We headed inland on the island and came upon this wonderful, cooling, pool and waterfall. Decided to spend the afternoon here. Remembrances of childhood!
Inside the CigarInside the Cigar
Inside the Cigar

If you are claustrophobic don't take this trip.
Outside the WindowOutside the Window
Outside the Window

Those seas are about 3 inches away.


Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0595s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb