English makes you brighter and better life!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Eastern Thailand » Ubon Ratchathani
September 19th 2006
Published: September 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hello! Hope everybody is enjoying freshers week...or enjoying waiting for freshers!

I really dont know where i should start as its been nearly 2 weeks!!

Friday was the retirement party. We had our picture taken 1000000000000000000 times, my double chin has now disappeared from smiling so much. The Thai's are like 'white person lets have a photo with them' The school photographer had taken our picture earlier in the week for our introduction board and he gave us it to have a look and he had AIRBRUSHED my skin and hair so i looked like a doll..a psychotic doll! I have had another photo taken as i thought it would freak the students out. We met up with andy and allan (volunteers from det-udom) at the party which was fun...got the chance to speak fast english again!woohoo

On sat we went to the cinema to see what we thought was an american movie called click with english subtitles but it was actually just in thai but it was still funny listening to the thai voices they chose for the actors. At night i had my first experience of thai clubbing at The Rock. We went with our thai friend Nan and her friends - it was great and the best thing was that when you ordered a drink e.g. whiskey and coke you didnt jst get the shot n mixer you got the whole bottle! The funniest thing about the night was trying to decide whether one of Nan's friends was a girl or boy...I said 'girl' and em said 'no no its Nan's younger brother' However it turned out to be a 22 yr old girl who looked amazing like an 8 yr old boy. Also trying to squat after a few drinks was a funny experience.

This week we have been teaching like last...but the students seen to misbehave so much in our lessons. They walk out and use their phones when they want and turn up 40 minutes late!! Thai ppl all have nicknames as their names are so long the funniest ones so far have been Porn, Wee wee and Bum.

We had a foot massage one night in the park...which was hilarious/painful especially when the women starting jabbing my foot which a stick.

We now have bikes...mines blue and emily's is 'solid gold' as she likes to say.

At the weekend we went to an English camp up near the border with Laos with the 4 other vols and Lucy an ex PT volunteer who now lives in Ubon. When we arrived we had no idea we were plannning all the english activities, which luckily only lasted for 4hours out of the whole weekend. I dont know why they bothered calling it english camp - the only english words they used were 'goods morning teechers'. Em and i were lucky enough not to choose the room with a mental bird flying around in it - however the guys managed to direct the bird out of their room and into ours were it did its business all over the floor/bed. Guess wat ....i sang again this time it was mamma mia on the karaoke - i kinda volunteered - some1 had to!! After karaoke we danced infront of everyone while the thai students clapped and shouted chippy,chippy,chippy, chip.

Sometimes Thai ppl pronounce words sooo funnily you just can't help laughing. At the english camp this guy said to me 'Have you had fock?' and I was like 'WHAT?' he said 'fock?..you like fock?' I looked at Lucy...'frog' Oh...

For the end of the english camp the teachers wanted us to do a ZULU DANCE - basically run round a fake camp fire and sing a song. They made us some custumes and banana necklaces.

oooo have ran out of time again, blogging takes up soo long will add photos at later date
kaitlin xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
00
DAYS 
00
HOURS 
00
MINS 
00
SECS

Until Chiang Mai




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb