Koh Chang = awesome


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Eastern Thailand » Koh Chang » Koh Chang
August 10th 2013
Published: August 11th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Was an absolute treat this morning to wake up when we woke up and gently stroll the breakfast. (By stroll I mean walk a little bit to the cable car then wait 10 minutes for it to arrive then get lost looking for the restaurant) it was pouring with rain but we weren't that bothered to be honest.


Breakfast was amazing and Eireann got both of our monies worth - that girl loves breakfasts!! We returned to the room and finally got a chance to wash our clothes and luckily the sky was brightening so We'd have a chance to dry them too. We changed into our swimming stuff and walked about 50yards to the beach, picked a couple of deck chairs an just relaxed!

I went into the sea and had a good swim. The water is clear and is warm as soup and the sand is fine and white. It's not deep either so I went a log way out (about half way to the other island) without seeing another soul. There were also sandbanks to stand on and admire the stunning views. Eireann joined me in the sea a little whole later but stood on a flat fish on her way out. Her reaction led me to believe both legs had just been munched off by a shark. I couldn't help but laugh when she explained. By this point I'd been in the water an hour and a half at least and I hadn't put any sun cream on for at least 3!

When we headed back to the deck chairs and fell fast asleep the inevitable happened and where had been covered all holiday - shorts and straps - were burned to lobsterish colours. Such an idiot!! I'd totally underestimated the strength of the sun!

At 7 we took the free shuttle into cai bae and had some food at a place owned by an Englishman. Then a few changs before heading to mojito lounge. It's surprisingly similar to the one in Lytham except there are less show offs and more stray dogs wandering about. After a rickety ride in the back of a pick up we were back in our hotel and tucked up for another lovely snooze! Just as we stepped into our hotel block the rain started to pour. It seems this island knows... Rain late at night, sunshine and blue skies all day!

Loving Koh Chang!!

Happy birthday mum!!!!



Myh

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0327s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb