Travel Tips For An Amazing Holiday In Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand
November 21st 2016
Published: November 21st 2016
Edit Blog Post

Thailand is the Vegas counterpart of Asia with it’s own unique charm. It’s natural beauty, party scene and charming beaches make the place a backpackers haven. However, don’t be fooled because you have to walk on a well trodden tourist trail to land at the place of your choice. This beguiling country takes a while to get in your grips.

Here are some travel tips that you can follow to have a memorable holiday in Thailand :



There’s no escaping from the selfie clicking daytrippers.

The paradise from ‘The Beach’ by Alex Garland is long gone but it does exist elsewhere. All you have to do is head around the corner and explore the beyond the obvious to find yourself the swinging hammock of your dreams.



Beware of the deadly traffic.

Thailand has a horrifying road safety record, with 80 lives lost every day. It is the second highest number of traffic fatalities in the world. Unlicensed and drunk tourists only add to the statistics.



Do try out different type of food

You’d think you know about Thai food but the intense variety of dishes here will school you on a whole new level of Thai cuisine that you’ve ever imagined. However, you’ve got to be well informed about your food before you place the order. Dishes like Kai Yiew Ma (eggs preserved in horse urine), or Goong Ten (a live shrimp salad) are some that you might want to avoid.



Looks can deceive

Whether you’re shopping for some electronic item, getting a spa at a massage parlour or getting hit on by a pretty local, looks can deceive here. The pretty local girl can very much turn out ‘not-a-girl’, the massage parlour can offer ‘extra’ services for a few extra bahts and ‘Sony headphones’ may not be fake too.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.168s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0651s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb