thurs day 20


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand
February 6th 2015
Published: February 6th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Was up and out early to catch a boat to ko wai at 9.00 ( seems a shame to be leaving ko Chang, ive had a good time and met some lovely people - more good times to be had tho!) the public boat left at 09.30 - Thai time keeping! And got to the tiny island for 10.20 - there are 2 beaches and 2 resorts on the island - and that is it! As you get off the boat go left for one resort and right for the other. So booked a traditional wooden hut on paradise island resort - A very quaint hut on stilts about 5 metres back from the beach. Very basic with shared toilets and only cold water showers - no fan or air con here - just 3 windows and a mozzie net, there are 37 huts in total - and im in 36. Electricity on the island is only between the hours of 6pm - 11pm - and there is no wifi!! Not much to do other than chill on the beach and go for a swim, so that's what i did. Found a copy of readers digest in the book collection in the restaurant - so took that for a bit of company - it was one of the only English books there! After having dinner i went to sit on the pier to watch the fish and feed them some bread! Then back to my hut for an early night with just the sounds of nature around. Very peaceful.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 14; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0441s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 9; ; mem: 1.1mb