Making our way back to Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Trat
December 30th 2008
Published: January 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We got up early to catch the bus to the Cambodian border where we expected to be fined for overstaying. The good news was that no-one noticed and we are $40 up!!! Having jumped off the bus at Koh Kong we grabbed our packs which someone was attempting to whisk away in a little cart. Our driver was trying to get us to let the bags go but as we had no onward travelling arrangements we kept ours with us and as we made our way to the Thai border saw all the others get dumped on the road side and left... Needless to say there were lots of stresssed out holiday makers shouting 'thats my bag!'

Got issued with a 2 week visa for Thailand (apparently land borders now only give 2 weeks - someone suggested its to minimise visa runs but who knows) and negotiated with a driver to take us to Trat.

Trat was a cool place, seemingly a more traditional Thai city with a lot less tourists. I think a lot of people pass through but not so many stay. We did lots of pointing at menus and our international sign language is coming on a treat.

Spent the night in Pops guest house which was fine but as its near the river there were a lot of mossies....they seem to love me but leave pete alone - I shant complain though as at least i can still walk without wincing and hobbling.... head onward to Pattaya tomorrow, not really sure about it as its meant to be a place where a lot of sex tourists head...we're heading for the quieter end though and dont plan on heading to the Go=Go bars!

Think we left the sun in cambodia as Trat's over cast and humid - I start to do private Hallelujahs when somewhere has air con incuded in price....



Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0604s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb