Thailand - Trekking Week


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Suphanburi
April 11th 2009
Published: April 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello,

So this week was trekking week, moved from the resort last sunday for the drive in to the jungle, near the Burma border. Saw a massive black snake on the dirt track into the jungle, set things up for an interesting week! has been a good week, altho would have liked to have done more, seemed like we had quite a bit of free time. Trekked to the camp site on the first day, took about 3 hours through the jungle, sounds pretty difficult with the heat but wasn't that bad. The next day we went to some caves in the morning, then climbed up this waterfall in the afternoon which was pretty fun, some bits were pretty steep which scared the girls but i was totally cool with it... Then on thursday we climbed Death Mountain, don't really know why it's called that cos it's really not that dangerous at all and there was zero chance of death, just pretty steep walking, took me and another guy about 45 mins, some of the others took over an hour. Then thursday night had our very own full moon party next to the campfire. On friday we went the this dam and chilled out for the day, seemed a pretty pointless day really, the dam was pretty poor, would have liked to do some more trekking and we had to sleep on a marble floor which was fun...

Drove to a hotel in Suphanburi today where we are staying tonight, then tomorrow we move to Koh Samet, one of the islands for our beach week.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.087s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0889s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 7; ; mem: 1mb