Thailand - Beach Week


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Samet
April 18th 2009
Published: April 18th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello,

Back in Bangkok now for our last night in Thailand before flying off to oz tommorrow. Our last week in Thailand has been spent on Koh Samet, one of the island's about 50 mins off the coast. Really beatiful place, spent most of the time chilling out on the beach and going out at night.

It's not been without incident tho, mainly the moped crash... we hired moped's to explore the island on thursday which was really good fun, altho they really should give you some sort of lesson before letting you hire them. We went all the way to the bottom of the island, which is mostly dirt track, then on the way back Helen and Emma (on the same bike) skided off round a corner down a steep hill. Me and Laurent were going down the hill nice and slowly due to the loose ground, then Helen and Emma came flying past us and skided off on the next corner, about 20m in front of us. Apparently the brakes were really bad and they had choosed this pink vespa type bike which had really poor trend, not really suitable for off-roading. Luckily a group of swedish people who live on the island were right behind us so they helped us sort things out and they had a thai lady in their group to order a taxi for us. They are both fine, a few cut and bruises but the after seeing the crash I thought they would be much worse, it's ruined there last few days here. Poor Helen also had her drink spiked a few days before that, so it's been a pretty rough week for her!

On a lighter note we went jet skiing yesterday and it was awesome! It's our last night in Thailand tonight, going to go out for a meal to the same place we went on the first night. Saying goodbye to everyone tomorrow is going to be pretty sad, altho then it's time for australia and a whole new adventure...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb