Pattaya - Ho's galore!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Pattaya
January 22nd 2007
Published: February 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Up about 9ish to pack our gear up and head for Pattaya, we have now realised this is going to be a right nuisance packing everytime, hard to go for a year as we have warm clothes taking up all the room at the bottom! bag is always at bursting point! anyways waited for our 11 am "VIP' bus which didnt arrive for ages, when it did it was just like a school mini bus but smaller, i would have hated to see what a non VIP bus was, we got the call of ''Mr David'' as opposed to Mr Hunt, which we love and is now his new name, thought it was just us on the bus but then, 3 Ozzies turned up, then a couple from Hong Kong and we were now really crammed in, before setting off we did see the best Tshirt in the world though, a young Thai lad about 20 selling fruit, standing there all serious had a tshirt with F**K Off on the front, which we thought was funny, but then he turned round and it said ''Ýou fu**ing f**k'' think he was confused as to why nobody was buying from him! Anyway we move about 500 metres and another stop, 2 more people can apparently fit in, got big rucksacks on our laps, a poor girl having to be crammed between the driver and his mate, looking back it was funny but not at the time! so we are finally off, oh no 30 mins later and barely out of Bangkok the driver and his mate decide to stop for their brekkie!! although at least now they put the bags on the roofrack which me and Dave stood and watched very carefully as didnt fancy seeing my bag roll off! Right so off again, although 2 hours later he did stop for his lunch but got to Pattaya eventually. Now i thought Pattaya was going to be a lush beach and backpacker haven, should have read up more, instantly noticeable that there was no young people but old fat business men, everyone of them with a Thai girl on their arm and the beach was pretty poor too. Anyway we had been told our hotel was right in the centre of town, well it would be like wanting to stay in Guildford but being in Farnborough, an exaggeration but it was a long way. Got a taxi, which is a Joe Mangle pick up that cruises along and you jump on with other people already on there and then bang when you want him to stop, had some dinner and headed to SeedyVille Alabama, it was literally brasses everywhere, highlight of the night was Dave and I having our pics taken with 2 monkeys. Had a few beers but decided enough was enough and we would leave in the morning!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0488s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb