Fire Shows and Limbo Dancing


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Samet
January 21st 2012
Published: January 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

We have now been on the island for 5 Days. We found a vacant bungalow at White Sands Resort, the first place we tried. The first morning we woke up to torrential rain. Our bungalow was right on the side of the dirt road; water lorries had trundled along all through the night turning it into a mud bath. We couldn’t avoid having to paddle through it, so what with that and coupled with the noise of the lorries we ask if we could change bungalows. No problem, we were given a bungalow in a lovely gardened area. Sadly, a large group of Chinese guys were in the bungalow behind us and thought it would be a good idea to party at the top of their voices until 6am. I guess it is the start of Chinese New Year!



After a second sleepless night we decided to give White Sands a miss and moved to Jep’s bungalows and got a room for half the price. After settling in there we spent the rest of the day at the lovely peaceful bay of Ao Nuang.



That night we came across a fire show young boys no older than 8 or 10 years old put on a brilliant co-ordinated show followed by limbo dancing under a pole on fire, the audience were invited to join in, needless to say we were content to watch other idiots doing it as the pole got lower and lower ending up just a few inches from the sand!



I’m happy to say Jep’s bungalows were a good choice, we enjoyed a nice quiet night’s sleep so plan to spend the rest of our time on Ko Samet here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



25th January 2012

just your luck!
trust you to arrive in pouring rain, just to make you remember Manchester weather, at least you don't get that much mud at home. Mum

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb