The Unexpected


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Chang
August 9th 2008
Published: August 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After two LONG full days of traveling to the South in search of White Sandy Beaches and Crystal clear blue water, it's unfortunate to say that we have yet to find it and it doesn't look like we ever will, unless we come back in the dry months (December- June). We arrived on the Island of Ko Chang yesterday afternoon. While on the ferry I think I had asked Kristin seven times if the Island straight ahead was Ko Chang. The whole ferry ride, I was wondering when we would see the blue water. I assure you there was just gray ahead and I guess I didn't believe that in fact the island straight ahead was Ko Chang. It does not look like the pictures we have seen on the Internet, our Lonely Planet books, nor Post Cards. At this point I am extremely caught off guard.

It is quite disappointing to know that we will not find the beaches we thought we would have onced we arrived here. At dinner yesterday, the waves were rolling in trash. It wasn't really a pleasant, peaceful sight. However, the sound of the ocean is always calming. Additionally, there seems to be plenty of interesting activities to do here that I think we will stay occupied during out stay and if not Eric will be our entertainment.

Last night, we stayed in the Apple Bungalows on White Sandy Beach (again not so white). The front yard to our room was the ocean. The room was the nicest we have been in thus far- actually accomodating four of us in a room, no need for bug nets- but in my opinion for a five night stay we could do much better than four beds and a toilet that did not work. I figured that since we have come to an island for relaxation, we should be staying in a place meant for relaxation and Apple Bungalow really wasn't quite that, especially because the entire night I had dreams of a rogue wave washing me away, (I blame Billy for this dream), and the fact that the location had similar smells of Bangkok, it wasn't really a place I wanted to stay.

This morning, in search of breakfast, we had a wierd encountering with a man. We never met this man before. Kristin was still resting back in the room, so at this point in time we only had three of us in the group. We were talking with the man about decent places to eat. He guided us in a direction, he then continued to talk with us- wondering where our fourth person was. Uh- how did he know we had a fourth person in the group? He also described Courtney's outfit from the previous night. We either really stick out here or the man has been stalking us. Again, extremely creepy. This led us to jump in a taxi and move locations completely. We arrived in Kai Bae 7 miles down the island and landed at the Garden Resort for breakfast. Looking around the resort, we fell in love. The rooms are cozy and beautiful, we have free internet, cable, pool, and breakfast. A spa is right next door and the ocean is in walking distance. On Thursday they bring in a live band! It definitely is a place where one can stay for a few days and really enjoy. The town of Kai Bae is extremely cute and I think being caught off guard didn't turn into such a bad thing.

Until next blog- much love,
ME



Advertisement



9th August 2008

sounds inviting!
reading the beginning of this made me wonder why i was coming there! seems like you found a nice enought place for some fun in the sun, even if there isn't much sun. it has rained here in vietnam every afternoon for an hour or so. i think when we head back to bangkok i may head back to bali where it is the dry season and sunny every day. can't wait! where is that bonano!?!? shouldn't she be there too?

Tot: 0.219s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb