Koh Chang


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Chang
October 11th 2005
Published: February 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

To the beach.To the beach.To the beach.

Walking to the beach from our guesthouse. Loving the view already.
A long 5 hour ride in the minivan, one-hour ferry ride and 20 minute saengthaew (open-air tiny truck) ride to the 2nd largest island in Thailand. A little bit unnerving when the saengthaew is packed to the brim, with some even having to stand and hang on to the roof! Imagine that, and imagine when it's going uphill.

We arrived at White Sands Beach in time to witness the sunset while having dinner at the KC Restaurant. At nightfall, the beach turns into a lantern/light-strewn strip.

The beach isn't as nice as Phi Phi - the sand isn't quite white, or as soft, but the lack of tourists and the fact that it isn't as popular made it more inviting to me.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement

Sunset.Sunset.
Sunset.

Dinner was pretty much silent - just soaking in the view.
DinnerDinner
Dinner

Green curry, tom yum soup. They cook everything with chillis here. Drool.
White Sands.White Sands.
White Sands.

The beach at night.
Sabay Bar.Sabay Bar.
Sabay Bar.

The first time we had alcohol in Thailand was here. The mats and pillows looked too inviting to pass up!
Lanterns.Lanterns.
Lanterns.

I lied down on the mats, looked up and saw these hanging from the tree. They had the look and feel of a holiday down pat!
Roasted.Roasted.
Roasted.

This was all I did for two days. Loved it. Bought the bikini in Bangkok for about AUD$8. Excellent.
Newfound buddies.Newfound buddies.
Newfound buddies.

We thought we'd be surrounded by couples at Koh Chang (the minivan and ferry ride didn't look promising), but then we bumped into these three Italian jokers. They provided a lot of fun and laughter for the next two days. It was about 4am in their room when we were all buggered and trying to sleep, and we heard 'suspicious' noises from a horny man in the bungalow next door. Swearing Italians are pretty funny.


23rd December 2005

Suspicious noises
Must of been completly diffrent suspicious noises that three italians and an ausi

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0565s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb