Whoops


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ko Chang
April 16th 2007
Published: April 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Whoops, sorry about the very late reply, I just couldnt be arsed. Right, where were we? Oh yes, left Bangkok last week and went to lovely little rainforested island of Koh Chang near Cambodian boder! Sop chilled you wouldnt believe it- Stayed at place called lonely beach, lots of wood decking over the sea, hippies lounging about, good food, sun, the occassional thunderstorm, and v.v.basic facilities- washing in outdoor hut from a bucket a completely liberating experience! What more could you ask for? Oh yes, fun! Met loads of cool people so far, both in bangkok and koh chang, Americans, Swede's, English, not forgetting the Australians- Am doing my bit for interbational relations. Hve been subverted from the course of true light by the wacky Australians(My god they drink at ten in the morning with a hangover), gone with the swede's to see a ping pong show (didnt like it, doh!), got pissed, stoned and lost in the rainforest with the english (epic journey that should have taken 2 minutes in the daytime if sober, ended up 30 minute horror fest with me falling over in lots of mud and fearing for life). Anyway got to go, money running out. To folllow Soon: Steves guide to thai toilets (its a fine art), Steve's guide to not being killed on a tuk-tuk (more luck than anything) Steve's guide to surviving Songkran (water festival-not good for international relations). Heading off to the south next, in Bangkok now, decided to cut Chiang Mai from the itinerary as spent to long on ko chang.!
P.S Even met a gay guy from manchester (we are taking over the world!)
P.P.S Considering joining a monastery/wat for a few days as lay person and learning about buddhism and meditation- maybe will fnid the answers to all of lifes mystery's? Toughts please...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0388s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb