Back on the road (in the air) again


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Bangkok
January 27th 2015
Published: July 16th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 13.7308, 100.521

Up and eat breakfast at my usual time then walk out to the bus stop about 09:30. As always. National Express ar on the dot and service No 444 appears around the corner at 09:50. I am the only passenger as we drive to Cheltenham where a few more people board. A stop at Cirencester then we are off to Heathrow. Arrive on the dot as well and although my transfer coach isnt due for another 25mins another coach takes m across to Terminal 5.
The check-in area and immigration is very quiet and I am soon in the departure lounge. The gate number for BA010 hasn't been announced yet so I sit down looking out across the airfield and wait. When the gate number appears it is in terminal 5 building C which requires a rain ride under the runways. Arrive gate 34 with about 20mins before boarding. Make a goodbye phone call home then wait to get called.
Looks like the plane just outside the window but as we enter it turns out the airbridge is quite long and my actual plane was almost out of sight from the building. Pass quite a few snow ploughs and gritters on the walk to the plane and according to the weather forecast they might be required tonight.
Take off on time and head out east across Europe.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.039s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0239s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb